Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Nashville/Cookeville Trip

So we began our trip to Cookeville with a stop in Nashville at the Rainforest Cafe. None of us had ever been there so we weren't quite sure what to expect. I had read some mixed reviews online about the food but we decided to give it a try anyway. We had reservations for 8:00 but made it there by 7:15. We were worried we would have to wait but they took us right in! The kids absolutely LOVED it! I think Carter liked it the most. We are pretty sure he thought all of the gorillas and elephants were real. He stood up in his chair pretty much the whole time looking around and pointing at things. Here are some pics of the event:







After we ate dinner we had a little time to walk around the mall before it closed.  We didn't have near as much time as I would have liked but I did end up getting a shirt from the Petite Sophisticate Outlet and we got a cool UT wind spinner to hang outside.  We had planned on spending the night in Nashville and getting up early to drive on to Cookeville for the family reunion.  We decided we weren't that tired and we would go ahead and drive to Cookeville.  We rolled in to Cookeville around 10:30pm and checked in to the Holiday Inn Express.  It was a nice hotel and you would have thought we were staying at the Ritz Carlton if you asked Madison what she thought about it.   She and Harrison slept in 1 bed while me, John, and Carter slept in the other one.  Needless to say, John and I didn't get much sleep with Carter tossing and turning all night.  We got up the next morning and ate the Continental breakfast (which was surprisingly good!) and decided what we were going to do before the reunion.  We had a couple of hours to kill so we decided to get the boys' hair cut.  We drove around looking for a Fantastic Sam's type place (but didn't really see any) and stumbled upon a barber shop. John decided that's where we would take them.  He wanted to get their hair cut really short so that's what we did!  


We had a good time at the reunion!  The kids saw cousins that they only see once a year and had fun swimming in the pool.



We drove all the way back to Memphis that night and rolled in our driveway around midnight. We were tired but had a great weekend!

3 comments:

GodseySix said...

Glad to hear that everyone had a good time. We did the Rainforest cafe, too, back in January-ish. I'd have given a mixed review on the food, too, but the whole atmosphere was awesome! Great pictures--thanks for sharing. :)

Whitworth Family said...

I think I'm finally getting the hang of this!

When we went, the food was actually pretty good! I was glad because I was HUNGRY! HAHA!!

Brady Blog said...

glad you are home..love the family pics at the Rainforest Cafe-looks like ya'll had fun. And wonderful pictures of the boy's haircuts,too! The blog looks great!