Kara started her chemo yesterday which she will get over the next few days. She has updated her blog with all the details on that so feel free to jump over there for a more "technical" review. I stayed over at the apartment last night to see if I could get a good night's sleep since I didn't sleep very well the night before. I was all ready to go back over there and crank up the heat since I froze to death all day yesterday! The chemo makes her hot so she had the A/C cranked up. So anyway, I crank up the heat to 75 and it never kicks on! I was thinking that it might take a while for it to warm up but it never did! I still froze to death! I woke up this morning and it was 64 degrees (and yes folks, that is COLD for me!) So mom went over there this morning to take a nap and check on the heat while I went to my clinic appointment. She got it to work so apparently I don't know how to operate a thermostat! My clinic appointment was uneventful, just had another half gallon of blood drawn (seemed like it anyway!) and I had to get a pregnancy test (that I am happy to report was NEG) before I start the Neupogen. I got the shot in my belly which wasn't too bad (even though I've never had a shot there before!) One down and four to go!
Today we've just been hanging out in the room snacking (thanks Amy S. for the fabulous goody box...we have thoroghly enjoyed it so far!), watching tv, and playing on the computer. We had a visit from a lady from St. Paul Community Church here in Nashville. She was really nice and talked with us for a bit. I'm still trying to figure out my way around here...the clinic, the cafeteria, the apartment, the bathroom...ha!
I promised a few pictures today so I'll post what I've got so far!
Today we've just been hanging out in the room snacking (thanks Amy S. for the fabulous goody box...we have thoroghly enjoyed it so far!), watching tv, and playing on the computer. We had a visit from a lady from St. Paul Community Church here in Nashville. She was really nice and talked with us for a bit. I'm still trying to figure out my way around here...the clinic, the cafeteria, the apartment, the bathroom...ha!
I promised a few pictures today so I'll post what I've got so far!
Home for the next 30+ days
Kara's attachments..hahah
A little decoration
Dr. Karlekar, part of the pain mgt team
Clinic entrance where I'll be going for shots
The fountain in the middle of the clinic bldg



1 comment:
Glad to hear all is well!! Now you somewhat know how we felt over Christmas staying in a house where the thermostat was set on 55! Stay warm, it's cold today!! Miss you!
Post a Comment