Well, I think I've updated most everyone I know with what's going on with Kara but I'll post an update here as well.
Kara was having some pain and nausea over the weekend last weekend and when she checked her temp and it was 103 she thought it was time to call the doc. Her doc told her to come to Vandy right away so she could get checked out. After a multitude of scans and tests, it was determined that the lymphoma is back. It was found in her liver, spleen, and her lymph nodes under her arms. We aren't really sure what the next plan of treatment is. She is already so sick and weak that the treatment itself could kill her. They may try to chemo to slow it down and then give her some mature lymphocytes to attack the cancer. The docs are meeting this afternoon to come up with a new plan. They did say that a cure was "slim." Praying that God will prove them wrong.
6 years ago



3 comments:
Katina~
Thank you for posting an update on Kara. I have been checking her blog daily for an update. I am the HR Manager @ Elk Valley. The employees have been asking for an update. I am so sorry that this update is not more positive. Please know that she is in our thoughts and prayers! Please keep posting.
Kellie
Ya'll are in our prayers. Thanks for the update. Will be praying for the dr's wisdom and direction concerning Kara's treatment.
Thanks, Kellie, I will let her know y'all are praying for her.
Thank you too Leslie, for your prayers!
Post a Comment